Friday, January 15, 2010

Sk8boarding Blues

Still on my quest to master gain some control over the art of longboarding. So far it's been extremely frustrating, what with the trucks i got being way too awesome for my lame newbie ass.. i tried going down the Reid tunnel hill, not only did i have to bail to avoid a painful death but i found out that the horrendous wobbling my board was doing right before aforementioned bailing is actually a longboard trick! How wonderful! the unbidden, horrifying, balance-killing wiggling motion seems to be called "pumping," and i am extremely, ridiculously jealous of those who can actually ride this wavy monster.


Also, i absolutely loveeee the background music to this video, so i will now proceed to brandish my handy dandy 21st century iphone, blessed technology baby that i am, and tap my equally handy 'shazam' application.... wait for it....
A-ha! (sidenote: taaaake oooonn meeeee, taake-on-ME)
*ahem80swhaaaat?!ahem.*

Travelling Riverside Blues by Robert Johnson
and the second song, which i like better and starts at 2:45..
Some People Ride the Wave by Devendra Banhart

isn't this little video wonderful?! *glares*
=(
I bought a skate tool today, so id have it handy whenever i wanted to mess around with my truck's kingpins, yes, thats two of them, not one. [Gullwing Sidewinders]

and i tried tightening em up a bit.. seems a little better? but i wouldnt really know.. definitely doesnt whip me around last minute turns when im 1/2 inch from crashing into the walls of my narrow dorm hallway anymore.. (yeah thats where i ride my board, predominantly..sigh)
Anyways... off to throw a rugby ball around... (my latest endeavor)

No comments:

Post a Comment